Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recipe!

One of you lovely readers asked for the recipe for my Skagen baked potatoes, so I simply must share.

Traditional Swedish Toast Skagen
Skagen (one can call it a seafood dip) is a very traditional Swedish appetizer, often served on toast with a big dollop of caviar. I decided to serve mine as a main course by filling a baked potato and having a lightly dressed salad with avocado. (I must also add that Skagen is super yummy eaten on just an avocado half for a light lunch or dinner!) As with most traditional recipes everyone has their own version... here is mine.

DSC_1434

Skagen for 2:

1 heaping tablespoon mayo
1 heaping tablespoon creme fraiche
15-20 peeled cold shrimp
1 heaping tablespoon roe (red caviar)
1 teaspoon fresh dill
a squirt of fresh lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Variations: add any or all of the following (I think simple is best, but do as you wish)... minced red onion, chopped hard boiled egg, smoked salmon, crayfish tails, or crab.


I oiled, salted and forked holes into my two large baked potatoes. Baked them for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 175 degrees celsius till they were brown and crispy on the outside and super soft in the middle.

It's super yummy you must try!


1 comment:

Priscilla Francine Makeup said...

Thanks for posting it! I will try it out!