Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Future


Via Pinterest

Today's Question: How do you plan for the future?


 It's a little difficult to plan for the future as a freelancer especially when funds are a bit low and you're not really sure if you're going to have any projects or sell enough the following month (especially this last one).

The only advice I can give you is to save save save.

Save for your taxes... very important!
Always have at least 2 months rent saved... just incase.
Save for trips to Paris, gorgeous pairs of shoes or a fancy new computer. :)
One should save for retirement (but I'm not even that good.)

I am naturally a saver (thank goodness!) I almost feel guilty when buying something for myself (unless it's a special occasion.) Fortunately in Sweden I don't need a credit card to build credit (credit is based on other credentials.) Therefore I don't have a credit card and can't get caught spending money I don't have (another thank goodness!) I would suggest using your credit card as little as possible if you have one. I also have my money organized in several banking and savings accounts. I have 5 accounts... this may seem a lot, but they help me to stay organized and I always know how much money I have to spend on food, my business, or myself.


I have big plans for the future. I'd love to have a gorgeous house and a big family both of which are expensive. Also I'd love to create/produce more EmmaKisstina products which also requires a large amount of funds. Marrying rich isn't in the cards for me (also not my style) so I'm just going to have to continue to save my pennies the old fashioned way and hussle to get bigger and better jobs in the future. Workin' on it!




No comments: