Monday, July 20, 2015

EmmaKisstina + Spoonflower

Hello Monday!

I've got something rather exciting to share with your today! A month or so ago I got an Etsy message asking if I sold my designs on Spoonflower. At the time I didn't and wasn't sure if I ever would. But I just couldn't shake the idea. I've been loving creating patterns lately but haven't really figured out a way to utilise them besides just building my portfolio. The idea of having my own range of fabrics by the meter was of course very appealing, but to produce a collection myself is just not possible for me to do at the moment.

Previously I haven't thought that Spoonflower's quality was very good and I thought the payout for designers was a little lower than I'd like, but I placed an order for some swatches at the beginning of the year and was happily surprised to see that the quality was much better than I remembered. I also realised even though the commission I make on my designs is much lower than if I produced them myself, I don't have to go through the manufacturing process, and I don't have to worry about stock or even customer service. A pretty good deal I think! I just have to take the time to create patterns that I hope lots of people will enjoy... and that I enjoy myself as well.

So I started designing like a crazy person! In about one month's time I created 60 designs (some of course were just color variations) and had swatches of them sent to me to double check. I love them all, and I have now made them all available in my very own EmmaKisstina Spoonflower fabric shop. I welcome you to take a peek, and let me know if there is anything you'd like to see from me in the future. 















I'm really looking forward to creating even more collections of my signature girly designs. Hope you love them!

No comments: